Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Neti Pots: I'm a believer!

I've been told by many a sinus sufferer that neti pots are like a magical soak bath for your mucus sacks (okay, maybe they didn't use those words). I think the only thing that held me back till now was fear of drowning myself/just being to stupid to do it.

If you have any such fears at all and have sinus problems--get over the fears! It is not a cure-all, but it has been a really big help for me so far. I'm just using it every other day, but it is making me feel much better than just taking an antihistamine everyday does. If you are new to this nose party, neti pots are a way to perform nasal irrigation, which is essentially a little rinse for your snot factory. This helps clear out mucus, but also thins it so to help the cilia move the mucus out of your head (instead of getting stuffed up).

My only grip is that the one I found is plastic and claims to need to be replaced every three months. Even though I doubt that timeline, it is incredibly flimsy and I don't think it will have a long life. So, now I'm on the hunt for a more durable option.

Now, you know more than you every wanted to about what I shove up my nostrils! But, seriously, check the neti pots out.


No comments:

Post a Comment